Postal and Electronic Communications Law: Experience
- Advice on the application of the Irish statutory regime to smart vehicles and the IOT (internet of things).
- Advice to VOIP (voice over internet protocol) service providers, as well as traditional telecoms service providers.
- Engaging with ComReg to have an undertaking's registration withdrawn from the General Authorisation regime.
- Working with major internet companies on the application of the Irish regime to their inter-company networks and data centres.
- Advising previously unregulated internet companies in regard to the legal implications of the impending introduction of the European Electronic Communications Code into Irish law.
- Advising Telefonica on the sale of its O2 Irish mobile phone operation and working on the European Commission Merger Control Regulation clearance.
- Regularly advising on possible communications law implications in change of control.
- Advising electronic communications providers on facility and network sharing, on competition law issues and abuse of dominance and SMP issues.
- Assisting clients both with the design of competitions and with their participation in competitions in the sector.