Litigation & Dispute Resolution: Experience
- ACC Loan Management in successful appeal to the Court of Appeal on a test case concerning the impact of the EURIBOR and LIBOR controversies.
- Permanent TSB Group Holdings plc in relation to litigation in respect of the bank's €1.4bn capital reduction and €500m capital raising programme.
- Motorola & Nokia in successful resolution of €460m claim by Imagine Group in respect of the provision of a Wi-Max network in Ireland
- Medtronic plc in relation to a US$49bn Commercial Court Scheme of Arrangement relating to the acquisition of Covidien plc.
- Volkswagen in relation to emissions controversy.
- MAN Trucks in the defence of multiple civil claims in Ireland following a European Commission competition infringement decision.
- Allianz in the defence of High Court clinical negligence claims for insured hospitals providing obstetric and mental health services.
ARBITRATION - INTERNATIONAL & DOMESTIC
- Panda Waste challenging the four Dublin local authorities‘ attempt to remove private sector involvement from the Dublin domestic waste collection market.
- Channel Tunnel claim by the Construction consortium for circa £1.7bn for disruption to the design and construction of the works.
- A local authority in multiparty dispute under pre 2010 arbitration legislation.
FINANCIAL SERVICES LITIGATION
- RBS on a multitude of litigation arising from their multi-billion euro deleveraging programme in 2015.
- A number of banks in relation to the Central Bank investigation into tracker mortgages & related civil litigation stemming from same.
- Fund Administrators on the recovery of sums overpaid to unit holders.
- IBRC in successfully defending Commercial Court proceedings brought by investors in a fund.
- Madoff related litigation, advising parties involved.
- Noble Insurance Company in a significant dispute with reinsurers on a product recall claim.
- Smith & Nephew in defence of multi-plaintiff product liability claim for a number of Plaintiffs claiming damages in respect of metal on metal implants for hip replacements.
- John Deere defending various product liability claims.
- Abbott Laboratories in the successful defence of a medical stent patent infringement claim.
- HWM in the defence of one of Ireland’s largest software copyright cases.
- Acting on behalf of Key Safety Systems (air safety bags).
- British American Tobacco in product liability matters and in the successful defence of first regulatory prosecution under new Irish marketing legislation.