End User Infrastructure (EUI) Senior Technician
A&L Goodbody is looking to recruit an End User Infrastructure (EUI) Senior Technician to join our growing IT Department. This position provides day-to-day support for End User Infrastructure to all A&L Goodbody staff.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to client, and in the quality and professionalism of its internal business service teams, use of new processes, ways of working and technologies.
This role will provide an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT technician to work as part of a busy IT department with a particular focus on End User Infrastructure, supporting a business critical function throughout the firm.
The EUI Team are responsible for all systems relating to Unified Communication such as Skype, Teams & Zoom as well as End User Infrastructure including Laptop, Desktops and iPhones. Delivery of AV solutions and live Webinar support also forms a significant part of the role in EUI.
In this role you will be working with technologies like: Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Office 365, Cisco Anyconnect, Mobile Iron MDM, Skype for Business, MS Teams, Zoom, Dell Laptop and desktop hardware, Dell peripheral devices, SCCM, Apple iPhones and IOS, HP Printers and Safecom print management.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the IT department and EUI teams in delivering service to end users.
- Maintain inventory for all EUI hardware and peripherals.
- Delivery of the Starter/Mover/Leaver/Change process.
- Responsible for managing IT requirements and support for on-site and remote Presentations, Webinars, Live Trials, Video Meetings and other events.
- Handle escalations from Service Desk or EUI Team relating to EUI devices or systems.
- Responsible for managing EUI requests and ensure they are recorded within the IT Service Management system.
- Responsible for managing AV processes and maintaining AV Infrastructure throughout the firm.
- Proactively review EUI tickets to identify trends and key areas for improvement.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to EUI systems, escalating to 3rd party vendors where necessary and seeing through to resolution.
- Proactively improve processes and systems relating to EUI and provision of EUI service.
- Keep EUI Team Lead informed of all relevant issues and workloads within the EUI team at all times.
- Maintain an effective service to end users in relation to end user infrastructure, ensuring delivery against the agreed service delivery goals and objectives, providing maximum availability and performance of the EUI service throughout the firm.
- Handle workflow of escalations to EUI team and assign work to the correct areas within the EUI team or the IT Department.
- Ensure prioritisation and escalation processes are followed, liaising where necessary with the rest of the IT team and/or third parties to ensure that all tickets are resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Assist EUI manager and EUI Team Lead with project workloads and ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Take ownership of tasks seeing them through to resolution and proactively ensuring that the service is protected and the hardware is accounted for.
- Keep up-to-date on end user infrastructure trends, developments and the associated opportunities and contribute to the development of plans to exploit those trends to improve the IT service delivery to the firm.
Skills and experience
- Certification or diploma in IT or related subject
- Networking Qualification
- Good knowledge of Online Meeting Platforms
- Good knowledge of IP Telephony systems
- Good understanding of networking concepts and secure switch port configurations
- Good understanding of IT end user hardware and peripherals including Operating systems and drivers
- Technical troubleshooting skills relating to end user hardware and MS Server systems
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with changing priorities/deadlines
- Experience of adhering to and achieving/exceeding SLA’s.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent communication skills via different mediums i.e. telephone, email and in-person
- Strong customer service focus
- Evidence of teamwork/strong team player