Company Secretary (fixed term contract)
Our Asset Management & Investment Funds team is a top ranked, experienced, and dynamic group of specialists, offering comprehensive legal, regulatory and taxation services to clients in Ireland and internationally. Clients include global asset managers, investment banks, fund administration groups, depositaries, prime brokers, investors in funds such as pension funds and insurance companies and other financial services organisations.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Funds Company Secretarial professional looking for the next step in their career with A&L Goodbody LLP.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Providing a top class corporate secretarial service to a portfolio of corporate clients to include maintaining a portfolio of top tier funds clients.
- Co-ordination and attendance at board, committee, and general meetings.
- General duties relating to all corporate secretarial matters to include Corresponding with both the Companies Registration Office and clients on the clients' corporate filings.
- Working as part of a team with fellow team leads, managers and partners, ensuring the smooth running of the department.
- Proposing and winning new business and positively contributing to the success of the department.
- Supervision and development and mentoring of team members.
- Reporting to the Manager on the Team's performance particularly in the areas of billing and debtor management.
- Working closely with our colleagues in other departments to provide the best solutions for our clients.
- Keeps up to date with changes in legislation.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A strong communicator with demonstrated ability to work as part of a successful team
- ICSA qualified with a minimum of 3-4 years post-qualification experience in a funds team
- Strong corporate secretarial technical knowledge
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with company secretarial software
- Able to work on own initiative with excellent time management skills and ability to manage a busy workload