Lawyer – Disputes and Investigations (Regulatory Investigations)
We currently have exciting opportunities for bright, personable and enthusiastic lawyers to join our elite Regulatory Investigations team, which is part of our market-leading Disputes and Investigations practice.
Our Disputes and Investigations practice is comprised of lawyers who act in many of the most significant disputes, corporate crises and investigations in the Irish market. Within that wider group, our Regulatory Investigations lawyers have specialist experience in advising financial institutions on enforcement investigations, related litigation and the management of regulatory risk. As part of this team you will work closely with market-leading experts in helping financial services clients navigate business-critical regulatory issues and disputes.
Regulatory enforcement is a fast-growing and dynamic area of legal practice. As a member of our Regulatory Investigations team you will draw on a varied skill-set to provide our financial services clients with excellent legal support and innovative solutions across a range of contentious engagements. You will develop your skills as a litigation / investigations lawyer while working closely with colleagues in our Financial Regulatory Group to provide a market-leading 'joined up' approach to advising on regulatory risks, supervisory engagements, enforcement and associated litigation. The structure of our practice also means that you will have the opportunity to work with other lawyers in our wider Disputes and Investigations Group on a range of disputes and investigations by other regulators such as the Data Protection Commissioner and CCPC and white collar crime mandates.
We would like to hear from any interested solicitors, whether practicing locally or considering returning to Ireland, with experience/interest gained in some or all of the following areas:
Skills, Experience And Characteristics Required
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 + years relevant PQE within a large, medium or boutique corporate law firm.
- Expertise in regulatory enforcement is desirable (including by the Central Bank of Ireland, Financial Conduct Authority, Data Protection Commissioner or the CCPC).
- Experience in conducting or responding to Central Bank of Ireland / Financial Conduct Authority investigations is an advantage.
- We would also value experience in handling civil litigation claims, judicial reviews and other appeals or adjudications (such as financial services and pensions ombudsman complaints and statutory appeals), particularly in the financial services sector.
- You will strive for excellence in all aspects of your profession.
- You will thrive in a collaborative team, focused on excellent communication.
- You will be open to new ways of meeting client needs including leveraging technology and innovation resources within A&L Goodbody.
- You want to make an impact and add value in a progressive firm with agile working practices.
What We Offer
At A&L Goodbody we pride ourselves on the high calibre of our employees. We place strong emphasis on career development and enabling our people to excel in their careers. Our work environment is friendly, professional and collaborative. In addition to working with a market leading team we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Access to the firms marquee training and development programmes, delivered through the ALG School of Business and Law
- Pension and health insurance contribution, marriage/civil partnership gratuity and leave, life insurance, complimentary conveyancing allowance and a subsidised restaurant and coffee shop
If you would like to discuss The Team or this opportunity in confidence please contact Sinead Grant, Talent Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org