Knowledge Lawyer - Finance
The successful applicant will be an integral part of our dynamic and market-leading Finance practice group and Knowledge team. The role will report directly to the Knowledge Partner and Finance Knowledge Consultant.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To keep fee earners in the Finance group up to speed on legal and regulatory developments, including pipeline developments
- To assist Finance fee earners (and clients where appropriate) in respect of technical and/or practical legal issues raised by clients, and to assist in the development of practice notes, toolkits and other legal know how
- To develop and promote the expertise of our Finance group in the market, including preparing client legal updates and other communications and presenting to, and engaging directly with clients and at industry events as appropriate
- To capture and disseminate relevant legal knowledge to ensure that the collective expertise and knowledge of the Finance group is supported, increased, understood and shared
- To input into the design and delivery of training for both ALG fee earners and external and client training initiatives
- To take responsibility for the maintenance generally of existing Finance precedents and to assist with the development and production of new Finance precedents
- To develop appropriate knowledge tools for the Finance group and the Knowledge team that are aligned with, and informed by, the business needs of the Finance group, the Knowledge team and the firm’s client base
- Participation in other knowledge initiatives and projects, as appropriate, and the provision of assistance to the Knowledge Partner and the broader Knowledge team regarding specific Know How or Knowledge Management initiatives
- To play a proactive role in bringing knowledge BD ideas to the Finance group partners, Knowledge Partner and Finance Knowledge Consultant, and to collaborate with the Finance group partners in implementing knowledge and BD strategies including client engagement
- To collaborate with the ALG Solutions group (tech and transactional teams), as appropriate, to ensure that the Finance group is on top of relevant emerging technologies which might support the delivery of Finance knowledge and legal services more generally
Skills, experience and characteristics
The successful candidate will be an experienced lawyer with:
- Strong technical, legal and analytical skills
- Proficient drafting skills
- Excellent communication skills, in the context of both formal 'podium' and training presentations and, more generally, the ability to sell ideas and initiatives to people
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- A keen interest in knowledge and continuous development
- Transactional experience in supporting Energy, Infrastructure & Natural Resources teams and / or Construction & Engineering teams, in addition to General Finance teams is desirable, but not essential, for this role
Working hours and remuneration
- Hybrid working and competitive remuneration package
A&L Goodbody (ALG) is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 115 partners and over 900 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
We are incredibly proud that A&L Goodbody has been ranked as a 'Top Tier' firm in the Legal 500 EMEA Guide for 2023. The firm is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. A sample of other recent notable awards include: listed as one of Ireland's top 25 best places to work according to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2022; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2022) by Chambers Europe; Irish Law Firm of the Year (2021) by Who's Who Legal; Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Law (2023) by GradIreland; Tier 1 in all 7 practice areas (2022) by Chambers Global; Band 1 in 11 practice areas (2022) by Chambers Europe; Outstanding Firm for Pro Bono (2021) by Chambers Europe; and Diversity & Inclusion Firm of the Year (2021) by EMEA Tax Awards; Best Client Collaboration with Clients (Knowledge) MPF, 2022 and 2023.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and internally to its business. This is delivered through the use of new processes, ways of working and technologies and marketing-leading business service teams. For further information please visit our careers hub.
If you are interested in the above role or require any further information, please contact Sinead Grant, Talent Manager, directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.