Lawyer - Debt Capital Markets
The Debt Capital Markets Group is a leader in the Irish market with an extensive record in debt capital markets and structured products. The DCM Group is led by seven partners, making it one of the largest in the Irish market. The successful candidate will join an experienced team of lawyers who work collaboratively on some of the most complex mandates in the market.
The Debt Capital Markets Group acts for Irish and international issuers, originators, lead managers, arrangers, rating agencies and trustees on some of the most complex debt capital market issuances and structured finance matters globally, including:
- Loan portfolio disposals
- Public market and retained residential mortgage backed securitisations (bank and non-bank)
- Non-performing loan portfolio securitisations
- Synthetic securitisations
- Loan originator platforms
- Regulatory capital issuances
- High Yield debt issuances
- Eurobond issuances
- Debt programmes and private placements
- Structured debt issuances
- Green bond issuances
- Financial markets infrastructure
- Bridge and warehouse financing
- Securitisation take-outs
- Regulatory issues, including the Securitisation Regulation, Market Abuse Regulation, Transparency Directive, Prospectus Regulation and other securities law obligations
Background and experience:
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and ambitious with 2-5 years PQE as a debt capital markets lawyer in a corporate law firm or in-house and will have demonstrable experience working on debt capital markets transactions.
- The ideal candidate will have strong academic credentials, strong analytical, technical and drafting skills, and high levels of commercial and business awareness.
- The candidate will be able to work independently and also as part of a team, have excellent communication skills and possess the ability to manage competing demands and deadlines.
A&L Goodbody (ALG) is a leading Irish law firm. It has 6 international offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York, San Francisco, and Palo Alto. There are currently 112 partners and over 900 employees. The strong international and domestic business community in Ireland forms a valuable part of the A&L Goodbody client base.
It is consistently ranked number one in the Irish market and also on a European level. We are incredibly proud that A&L Goodbody has been named one of Ireland's top 25 best places to work according to LinkedIn's Top Companies list for 2022. A sample of other recent notable awards include Irish Law Firm of the Year (2021) by Who's Who Legal; Most Popular Graduate Recruiter in Law (2021) by GradIreland; Tier 1 in all 7 practice areas (2022) by Chambers Global; Band 1 in 11 practice areas (2022) by Chambers Europe; Outstanding Firm for Pro Bono (2021) by Chambers Europe; and Diversity & Inclusion Firm of the Year (2021) by EMEA Tax Awards.
A&L Goodbody has a reputation for leading the way in continuously developing its service to clients and internally to its business. This is delivered through the use of new processes, ways of working and technologies and marketing leading business service teams.
For further information please visit https://www.algoodbody.com/careers.