Lawyer - Disputes & Investigations
Our Disputes & Investigations group is the leading disputes and investigations team in the Irish market. We specialise in resolving complex, high value and cross border commercial disputes, through litigation, arbitration, mediation, negotiation and expert determination. We combine this contentious experience with our leading regulatory and white collar expertise to advise on the most complex, challenging and high profile corporate crises for our Irish and international client base.
Our clients include some of the largest Irish and global companies across a broad range of industry sectors including tech, financial services, life sciences, real estate, asset management, manufacturing, automotive, retail, agri-food and gaming. To an ever increasing extent, our clients are required to deal with regulatory enquiries in parallel with actual or threatened civil litigation and an evolving legal landscape.
We have extensive experience in designing and implementing legal strategies to respond to these types of complex mandates for our clients – including leading engagements with a range of regulators, overseeing internal investigations, providing strategic board advice, managing stakeholder relationships, protecting the company's reputation and assisting with any employment fallout, alongside managing litigation risk. Our team has particular focus on contentious mandates where there is a consumer or customer angle, including product liability litigation and multi-party actions.
We currently have opportunities for bright, personable and enthusiastic lawyers to join our dynamic team within our market leading firm. We would like to hear from any interested solicitors, whether practicing locally or considering returning to Ireland, with 2+years relevant PQE gained within a large, medium or boutique corporate law firm. Successful applicants should have experience or interest in some or all of the following areas:
- Advising on business critical commercial disputes and adopting innovative legal strategies to dealing with claims brought by cohorts of customers.
- Advising on deploying various methods of dispute resolution, including litigation, mediation, expert determination and arbitration, as the most mainstream.
- Advising on white collar crime issues impacting corporates (including fraud, bribery/corruption, money laundering and corporate offences).
- Engaging with regulators (for example the Revenue Commissioners, the Criminal Assets Bureau, the Data Protection Commission, the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission and the Health & Safety Authority) in response to all forms of regulatory enquiries, including information requests, investigations, and in the context of 'dawn raids'.
What We Offer:
At A&L we pride ourselves on the high calibre of our employees. We place strong emphasis on career development and enabling our people to excel in their careers. Our work environment is friendly, professional and collaborative. As well as working for a market leading team we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Access to the firms marquee training and development programmes, delivered through the ALG School of Business Law.
- Discretionary sign on bonus or relocation bonus.
- Discretionary performance bonus.
- Pension and health insurance contribution, clubs and subs contribution, marriage/civil partnership gratuity and leave, life insurance, complimentary conveyancing allowance and a subsidised restaurant and coffee shop.