Foreign Direct Investment Control
Our EU, Competition & Procurement group can assist you in navigating the complexities of screening foreign investment and subsidies. We advise on these issues in Ireland and we engage with law firms internationally on FDI notification requirements, enabling you to secure foreign investment approval and/or subsidy compliance where required.
- The EU, Competition & Procurement Group regularly advises clients on their cross-border regulatory requirements, including FDI regulation, foreign subsidies compliance and merger control.
- The Group has extensive experience with cross-border FDI requirements, which can be triggered by a multi-jurisdiction transaction or where the parties are active in a number of jurisdictions.
- We provide cross-jurisdictional support and assistance in conjunction with local counsel in a number of jurisdictions, including Austria, Germany, Italy, France and Russia.
- Ireland is adopting the Investment Screening Bill to screen foreign direct investment in line with EU Regulation 2019/452 establishing a framework for the screening of foreign direct investments into the Union. A&L Goodbody has made a submission to the Irish Government on the legislation.
- We have worked with a number of clients on the UK's National Security and Investment Act 2021 which creates a new screening regime for foreign investment in the UK.
- Businesses engaging in transactions should consider whether any investments or divestments could trigger a foreign investment screening requirement and we are glad to assist.
For further information or assistance, please contact a member of the group.