The Financial Solutions team at A&L Goodbody is a cross-departmental group comprising lawyers from our Asset Management & Investment Funds, Debt Capital Markets, Structured Finance and Tax practices. By bringing together these practices into one group we can provide clients with end-to-end solutions for their needs.
The group has experience of structures involving the following non-exhaustive list of Irish vehicles:
- Alternative investment funds (AIFs)
- Section 110 companies
- Limited liability partnerships (LPs)
- Irish real estate investment trusts (REITs)
We advise private equity and hedge fund clients as well as international investment managers and investment banks on, amongst others, the following:
- Real estate investment and holding platforms
- Loan origination platforms
- Asset acquisition platforms
- Commodity and trading platforms
- Peer-to-peer lending platforms
- Acquisition of royalties (and other intellectual property rights), aircraft and life settlement contracts
- Special situations funds including leveraged buyout funds, growth equity funds, venture capital funds, real estate investment funds and special debt funds
While the group focuses on the use of Irish vehicles in providing clients with tax and cost efficient structures for investment opportunities, many of the structures would involve a combination of Irish vehicles and non-Irish vehicles as part of cross border structures. In addition, structures involve a combination of entities which are authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and some which are not.
Our specialist lawyers also provide advice and support from tax, regulatory and insolvency perspectives. We assist asset managers, investment banks, liquidity providers, prime brokerage providers, clearing systems and counterparties with advice relating to all Irish investment vehicles.
on the establishment of a QIAIF focused on investment in Irish real estate.
on the establishment of an investment limited partnership QIAIF for a US private equity manager.
Intermediate Capital Group
on the establishment of a QIAIF holding investments through Irish Section 110 companies, allowing the fund to optimise the tax treatment of its investments.
A consortium of international private equity funds
on the establishment of a QIAIF for the purpose of acquiring a portfolio of loans secured on real estate.
on the establishment of a QIAIF investing in private equity funds.
Lothbury Investment Management Limited
in respect of its three property funds and the establishment of a non-UCITS management company.