Our team of procurement specialists are at the cutting edge of procurement law in Ireland and the EU. Our clients include public bodies and utilities as well as small and large suppliers bidding to the public and utilities sectors. We are recognised in the market for our pragmatism and speed in delivering first class advice. We have acted in most of the leading High Court procurement cases in Ireland and Northern Ireland both for public bodies and unsuccessful tenderers.
We advise on all aspects of procurement law including:
- Applicability of, and issues arising under EU and Irish procurement law and guidelines
- Development of procurement strategies for public sector bodies and utilities
- All steps in the procurement process from the initial OJEU/e-tenders advertisement through to debriefing unsuccessful tenderers
- Drafting of all tender and contract documentation
- Development of scoring matrixes, selection and award criteria and weightings
- Defending or initiating challenges to award processes
- Consultation and liaison with the European Commission
- Responding or sending Freedom of Information Act requests
- Audit and evaluation of procedures for compliance with procurement rules
The team regularly provides procurement law training to public sector bodies and utilities. We also provide general and bespoke client briefings on legal developments.
The Office of Government Procurement
on behalf of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform to train all public sector procurement personnel on the 2014 Directives.
on a wide range of procurement issues including all procurement procedures for Irish Water.
in the High Court and Supreme Court including successfully defending an application brought by Dublin Airport Authority to lift the automatic suspension.
Baxter in High Court
proceedings against the Health Service Executive.
Health Service Executive
in successfully defending High Court proceedings in respect of a tender competition for speech and language therapy services.
Kildare County Council
in defending procurement proceedings brought by RPS.