System Administrator – UC & Mobility
This new System Administrator – UC & Mobility role provides the chance to become part of an expanding IT Operations & Infrastructure team and an opportunity to work on the latest Unified Communications and Mobility related technologies.
We are looking for someone who has experience in supporting core infrastructure platforms and has a desire to now focus on end user related infrastructure in the areas of UC and Mobility.
Increased globalisation and 24 x 7 client support requirements is driving the demand to provide ALG staff with access to core IT applications from any location through a wide range of end user devices.
The IT team has recently implemented Skype for Business across the business and is now in the process of rolling out VPN laptops across the business.
The IT infrastructure landscape in corporate IT departments is rapidly changing. The delivery of IT infrastructure services through Cloud services will become more significant in ALG over the coming years and this will lead to the requirement for adaptive and changing skillsets.
Information security is a key area of focus in developing maintaining the ALG infrastructure. ALG has been accredited with full-scope ISO27001 certification.
Working within the Operations and Infrastructure team, this role will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of core ALG IT systems with a specific emphasis on UC & Mobility.
The candidate must have had exposure to most/all of the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory, MS Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server & Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Microsoft Windows Server/Client
- Cisco networking administration
- Group policy management
- VOIP, PSTN, SIP and SBC
- Powershell scripting
- MobileIron or similar MDM
- Apple DEP/VPP & provisioning
- Apple iCloud, iTunes
Role and responsibilities
- Technical troubleshooting and problem solving across key systems including - Skype for Business, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint and Cisco
- Proactive monitoring of all key systems relating to UC & Mobility
- Handling escalations from Service Desk Analysts in relation to UC & Mobility
- Escalation and liaising with relevant 3rd Party providers on issue resolution
- Developing and utilising usage reporting platforms associated with these systems
- Maintaining key infrastructure relating to those systems
- Managing MDM environment
- Troubleshooting issues relating to end user devices - Laptop, iPhone and iPad
- Testing and approving new software releases on UC and Mobile devices
- Researching advances in technology across the areas of UC & Mobility
- Create and maintain technical documentation for key systems
- Assisting with projects within the Operations and Infrastructure team
Skills, experience and characteristics required
- Degree or other appropriate technical professional qualification
- 3+ years' experience in a System Admin role supporting a wide range of core infrastructure platforms
- Experience working with 3rd party support vendors
- Strong interest in consumer technologies – mobile and audio visual
- Ability to work on own initiative while contributing to team goals
- Advantageous Certification - Microsoft - Certified MTA, MCSE or higher, CISCO – CCNA or higher, CMDSP