Adrian Burke is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Finance department. Adrian's main practice areas are banking, structured finance, securitisations and capital markets. Adrian advises leading Irish and international financial institutions as well as borrowers across the full range of financing transactions. He has particular expertise in syndicated lending, debt capital markets, securitisation, loan portfolio sales, restructuring, derivatives and regulatory capital.
Areas of Expertise
Finance/Capital Markets – Debt/Financial Regulation/Financial Solutions/Investing in Ireland
- Allied Irish Banks plc on the disposal of the Project Beech, Project Alder, Project Redwood and Project Cypress loan portfolios.
- Deutsche Bank AG as arranger of AIB's €500m alternative tier 1 regulatory capital issuance.
- PTSB Group Holdings on the establishment of its €10bnn MREL compliant EMTN programme.
- AIB Group plc on the establishment of its €10bn EMTN and GMTN programmes and two major MREL note issuances.
- Bank of Ireland as agent in connection with facilities provided to Exponent Private Equity for the acquisition of Fintrax Group.
- Permanent TSB on its €125m alternative tier 1 regulatory capital issuance, the first by an Irish bank, and the repurchase of €400m contingent convertible capital notes.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank on the structured financing of the acquisition of a €600m portfolio of Irish credit card receivables.
- PTSB on the disposal of its Springboard loan book.
“Very in-depth knowledge of banking and financial services. Provides pragmatic and practical advice.” (IFLR1000 2021)
"Very knowledgeable about the law and having a firm opinion." (Chambers Global 2020)
"Responsive, accessible and good problem solver." (IFLR1000 2020)
"Superb intellect, pragmatic, commercial, wide sectoral knowledge and technically excellent. Highly regarded" (IFLR1000 2019)
Adrian is a regular speaker and writer on banking and financial services issues and lectures in Finance Law in the LLM programme at University College Dublin.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin