Aisling Byrne is partner in A&L Goodbody's Employment & Incentives group in Belfast and has over 20 years' experience in advising on employment and equality law. Aisling advises on contentious employment litigation, employment aspects of commercial transactions and procurement. Aisling is qualified to practice in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and she is a qualified mediator. She also specialises in data protection law and she is Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E) qualified. She delivered extensive training to businesses on implementing GDPR and since then has advised on a broad spectrum of data protection issues including data breaches, data protection impact assessments, data subject access requests and data sharing agreements.
Areas of Expertise
Employment & Incentives/Betting, Gaming & Liquor Licensing/Litigation & Dispute Resolution/Corporate Immigration Services
- Advised a multinational telecommunications company in relation to restructuring, redundancy and transfer of operations from Northern Ireland to the Republic of Ireland.
- Advised a multinational recruitment and outsourcing business on NI employment issues and delivered training to the SMT on jurisdictional differences between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Advised a large public sector organisation in relation to the TUPE implications and obligations in a high value tendering process.
- Acted for a large NI tourist attraction providing employment law advice and GDPR advice and training.
- Advised a corporate finance business in relation to GDPR, drafting Privacy Notices, Data Retention Policy and delivered GDPR training to all staff.
- Advised a number of NI schools on Data protection policies and issues with particular reference to children.
- Provided Data Protection Consultancy Services to a large public sector organisation, advised on data breaches and notification to the ICO, handling Data Subject Access Requests and advised on data sharing agreements and data retention.
"Aisling Byrne is a very proactive and responsive lawyer with a commanding knowledge of employment law matters. She is a reassuring sounding board for any employment-related issue". (Legal 500 2021)
"She is very practical and solution-driven." (Chambers and Partners 2021)
Employment Lawyers Group Northern Ireland – Treasurer
Employment Law Association UK – NI Steering Committee
Employment Law Association of Ireland – NI Committee member
- Trinity College Dublin – LLB
- Queens University Belfast – LLM in Discrimination law
- Queens University Belfast – Mediation qualification
- International Association of Privacy Professionals – Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)