Caoimhe Clarkin is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. Caoimhe has experience in complex, high profile cases in the Irish Commercial Court. She advises domestic and international clients on constitutional and administrative law, director and auditor liability, product liability and specialises in cases which span a range of financial services litigation including investment funds and insurance litigation. Caoimhe also has experience in the area of domestic and international corporate criminal/regulatory investigations, having acted for a number of Irish and International clients in investigations by various regulatory bodies.
Caoimhe has extensive experience in the area of domestic and international corporate criminal/regulatory investigations having acted for a number of Irish and international clients in investigations by various regulatory bodies.
Areas of Expertise
- BUPA in judicial review proceedings (including a Supreme Court appeal) and in respect of a Constitutional challenge to the Risk Equalisation Scheme introduced by the Irish Government claiming inter alia.
- An international audit firm in respect of an international funds litigation class action and for other financial institutions in a series of domestic disputes arising out of the Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Multi-national companies (including Volkswagen) facing large numbers of individual claims in Ireland and internationally.
- A multi-national on a constitutional challenge to the Public Health (Tobacco) Act 2002 and the successful defense of alleged regulatory breaches of the Public Health Tobacco Acts.
- An international audit firm on the provision of assistance to the Central Bank in the context of a financial services regulatory investigation.
- Funds and their service providers in respect of regulatory, contractual and liability issues.
- Clients in a wide range of sectors on product liability issues, including regulatory issues, risk management and product recall and crisis management.
"Caoimhe is client-focused." (Legal 500 2015)
Caoimhe is a member of the Irish Commercial Litigation Association, the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, the British Irish Solicitors Bar Association and the DRI – the Voice of the Defense Bar.
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Applied Finance Law, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin
- BCL International, University of Minnesota