Mairead Sherlock is Head of A&L Goodbody's Commercial Property Department. Mairead is widely regarded as a leading practitioner in her field and regularly leads the most high profile and complex transactions in the market. Mairead has extensive experience advising on all aspects of corporate real estate including large scale investment transactions, development projects, portfolio acquisitions and disposals (assets and loans), commercial landlord and tenant, co-investment structures and all aspects of property funding, with particular emphasis on development finance. Her clients include developers, private equity firms, sovereign wealth and pension funds, banks, property companies and private investors.
Areas of Expertise
- RTÉ on the sale of development lands forming part of the RTE Campus at Donnybrook, Dublin 4 to Cairn Homes plc for €107.5m.
- Blackstone on the purchase of the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, widely quoted as Ireland's largest ever property deal with a transaction value of €945m.
- EY as receivers of the Spencer Dock companies on the sale of the PWC building and the sale of the development lands in Spencer Dock.
- Starwood on the purchase of Project Molly a prime office portfolio with a transaction value in excess of €450m.
- NAMA on Project Wave the competitive disposal of development lands on North Wall Quay now being developed as Dublin Landings.
- RBS/Ulster Bank on Project Clear the sale of their development land loan portfolio.
- NAMA on the competitive sale of Project Tara an office portfolio to include the Facebook HQ at Grand Canal Square, Dublin 4.
- Chartered Land and its funding partner on the acquisition of the Project Trinity portfolio, comprising The Ballsbridge Hotel and the former Berkeley Court Hotel now being developed as a residential development.
"An excellent lawyer with in-depth commercial property knowledge." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"The best commercial lawyer in Ireland." (Chambers Europe 2017)
"Revered practitioner Mairead Sherlock has vast experience across a range of property transactions. Clients single her out as the top commercial real estate lawyer in Ireland." (Chambers Europe 2016)
"Fantastic – what she doesn’t know isn’t worth knowing." (Legal 500 2015)
Mairead is a member of the Law Society of Ireland.
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin