Barbara Creed is partner in A&L Goodbody's Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. She represents a large number of high profile clients in both local and multi-jurisdictional disputes. Barbara is highly regarded for her ability to deal with complex disputes in the following areas: shareholder and corporate, land and property, professional negligence, insurance, product liability and commercial contracts. Barbara is highly experienced in the various forms of alternative dispute resolution and takes a highly commercial approach to dispute resolution.
Areas of Expertise
- A high value dispute concerning interpretation of earn-out provisions in an SPA.
- A company in a derivative seeking an injunction against a director and shareholder.
- A complex, multi-jurisdictional dispute concerning interpretation of provisions in a share purchase agreement.
- Defending and bringing a range of complex unfair prejudice proceedings.
- A property developer in a significant land dispute concerning a constructive trust requiring an application for an interim injunction.
- Landlords and tenants in various dilapidations claims.
- A property development company in an action enforcing the sale of significant development sites.
- A large manufacturer in a multi-jurisdictional dispute involving a policy of professional indemnity insurance.
- A pharmaceutical company in a dispute concerning the production of groundbreaking machinery.
- An IT service provider in a dispute with a Council in England.
"She is a strong practitioner - she's very commercial in her approach and practical in how she handles cases." (Chambers UK 2020)
"A "really great litigator" who is "approachable, straight-talking and knows the market."" (Chambers UK 2019)
"Easy to deal with and professional in her approach." (Chambers UK 2018)
"A practitioner who gets to know the case inside out." (Chamber UK 2017)
Barbara holds a Certificate in Advanced Advocacy from the Law Society of Northern Ireland. She is also a member of the Commercial Litigation Association of England and Wales and the Commercial Litigation Association of Ireland.
- Solicitor, Law Society England and Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society Northern Ireland
- LLB, University of Ulster, Belfast,