Mark is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Restructuring and Insolvency group and he also specialises in commercial litigation. Mark acts for insolvency practitioners, companies and creditors in high profile and complex insolvency matters. He has extensive experience in liquidations, receiverships and examinerships and he advises and works on formal and informal restructurings and reorganisations. In addition, Mark advises financial institutions on enforcement options against borrowers.
Areas of Expertise
Restructuring & Insolvency/White Collar Crime/Financial Services Litigation
- Joint Special Liquidators of IBRC on all aspects of the liquidation including its c. €22bn loan sale deleveraging.
- Promontoria on workout of their loan books following their purchase of a number of large and complex loan sales from Ulster Bank and NAMA
- KPMG, in the examinership of Claremorris Tourism Ltd and MOPB Developments Ltd.
- EY as Receivers of a number of companies within the Spencer Dock Development.
- ACC Bank in relation to litigation arising out of investments made by its Wealth Management Division
- Grant Thornton as liquidators of Suir Pharma Ltd.
- Ennis Property Services Ltd in litigation surrounding loans purchased from Bank of Scotland.
- Grant Thornton as Receivers of Maplewood Developments.
- Deloitte as Receivers of Waterford Wedgwood and Waterford Crystal Ltd.
'Mark Traynor is exceptional, very responsive, diligent and efficient. His advice is always pragmatic and commercially focused.’ (Legal 500 2022)
"Very attentive and essential on a number of deals." (Chambers Europe 2022)
"Recommended lawyer." (Legal 500 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
"Has a lot of experience handling insolvency-related litigation, as well as complex liquidations, receiverships and examinerships." (Chambers Europe 2018)
Mark is a member of INSOL Europe and the Restructuring and Creditors Rights Section of the International Bar Association. He is also a member of the Irish Society of Insolvency Practitioners.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LL.M, University College Dublin
- BCL, University College Dublin
Partner, Restructuring & Insolvency