Andrea is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Commercial & Technology group specialising in contentious and non-contentious technology, IP, commercial contracts, privacy and data protection law.
She has extensive experience in advising on a broad range of technology outsourcing and IP focused litigation and commercial transactions including technology development, procurement and licensing deals.
Andrea also has a wealth of experience in advising clients on the data, IP, and IT aspects of strategic acquisitions, reorganisation and IP restructurings.
Areas of Expertise
Commercial & Technology/Privacy & Data Security/FinTech/Commercial Contracts/ IT Contracts/Outsourcing/ Telecoms
- A large number of IP and technology disputes, including regulatory challenges, before the Irish Commercial Court and the Tax Appeals Commission.
- A leading financial institution in Ireland in relation to the digitisation of its banking and payment services together with the development and rollout of a related software platform and related FinTech technology
- Allied Irish Banks in relation to the launch of numerous electronic payment facilities
- Advising NJJ on IP/IT and data protection aspects of its acquisition of a 66% interest in eir, Ireland's leading telecoms, broadband and media company
- A leading telecommunications provider in connection with the outsourcing of its information technology and network services
Andrea lectures and tutors in the areas of e-commerce, Intellectual Property and Technology contracts at the Law Society of Ireland
Andrea has spoken at the National Data Protection Conference run by the Irish Computer Society in collaboration with the Association of Data Protection Officers on data protection matters
Andrea is also a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Commercial Litigation Diploma, Law Society of Ireland
- LLM (Commercial Law), University College Dublin
- LLB (Law and European Studies), University of Limerick