Christopher Jessup is a partner in A&L Goodbody's finance department focussing on Financial Regulatory matters. Christopher advises a range of clients including banks, payment service providers, payment systems, investment firms, fund managers, and other financial institutions and fintech firms on UK and EU financial services regulation.
Prior to joining ALG, Christopher worked for the financial services teams of two international law firms in London and was seconded to the legal and regulatory team of an international payment system.
Areas of Expertise
- Credit institutions on the regulatory aspects of the structure and sale of mortgage and consumer credit loan portfolios.
- Financial institutions in relation to LIBOR transition, including the development and execution of migration projects.
- A range of financial institutions in connection with the development and execution of "Brexit-related" contingency plans in the UK and EU.
- Payment institutions on all aspects of PSD2, SEPA, Cross Border Payments Regulations, Interchange Fee Regulations.
- An international payment system on the settlement finality regime.
- FinTech clients on the development and roll out of novel products and services including those that leverage open banking and distributed ledger technology.