Ciarán Rogers is a Partner in A&L Goodbody and Head of the Finance Department. Ciaran has extensive experience of capital markets (equity and debt), securitisation, structured products and syndicated lending. He has been heavily involved in advising on financial crisis work, including on all aspects of the IBRC special liquidation and the National Asset Management Agency. Ciarán is also Head of the firm's Capital Markets – Debt practice.
Areas of Expertise
- The arrangers of Bank of Ireland's €3bn and €4.2bn capital raisings in 2010 and 2011.
- Bank of Ireland and New Ireland Assurance on a highly innovative VIF securitisation and Tier 1 capital transaction.
- NAMA on the full restructuring of a number of its top twenty debtors.
- Award winning securitisations including Depfa’s securitisation of its PFI/PPP loan portfolio and ICS Building Society's true sale of RMBS securitisation, the first of its kind in Ireland and the UK.
- Leading investment banks on advises regarding their structured products and programmes.
"Extremely skilled at driving negotiations in an efficient and constructive way." (Chambers Global 2021)
"Excellent. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience, and the ability to explain complex matters in a very simple manner and get to the key points.’ (Legal 500 2021)
"Ciaran Rogers is a superb finance partner, responsive and user-friendly." (Legal 500 2020)
"Very calm, very commercial, very considered...he offers a broad range of experience...an outstanding track record... his biggest strength is his technical knowledge." (Chambers Global 2019)
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- BCL, University College Dublin