Claire Morrissey is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Commercial & Technology Group. Claire advises on a broad range of data protection issues and commercial contracts, and has a particular focus on compliance with the GDPR, technology and IP. In addition, Claire regularly advises on the technology, IP and data aspects of joint ventures and mergers & acquisitions.
Areas of Expertise
- A wide range of clients on data protection matters including, data transfers, data protection complaints, security breach notifications, binding corporate rules and GDPR compliance including a number of leading insurance and financial services firms, an international automotive company, a global drinks company.
- One of Ireland's leading retail banks in relation to negotiation of a software licence and support and maintenance agreement with its payments platform provider and on the extension of its infrastructure services agreement.
- Heineken in relation to the drafting and negotiation of a range of commercial contract and IP matters.
- Irish Water in relation to material IT arrangements including framework agreements with programme management, systems integration, IT and infrastructure providers; telecommunications services agreements, software licences, cloud services and fleet.
- Carlyle in relation to the technology and IP aspects of its acquisition of AA Ireland.
- One of Ireland's leading telecommunications companies in connection with the provision of business critical services to one of Ireland's largest financial institutions.
- A well-known UK and Irish retailer in connection with its multi-sourcing IT arrangements with some of the world's largest IT service providers.
- A multinational oil and gas company on the extension of its HR outsourcing arrangements with a leading global provider of human resources solutions and outsourcing services.
- A UK specialist credit card provider on its credit card portfolio servicing arrangements and strategic framework with its service provider.
- A leading telecommunications provider in connection with the outsourcing of its information technology and network services.
"Technically excellent." (Chambers Europe 2018)
"Claire is meticulous in her analysis, extremely responsive and provides me with great comfort that we are in the strongest position possible in IP transactions." (Managing Intellectual Property 2017)
"The committed Claire Morrissey….is analytical and practical." (Legal 500 2015)
Claire Morrissey regularly presents at conferences and industry events including the National Data Protection Conference held in Dublin in 2016. Claire is also a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Solicitor, Law Society of England and Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLM, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- BCL (Intl), University College Dublin