Eileen Roberts is a Partner in A&L Goodbody's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. Eileen is an experienced commercial litigator specialising in large scale commercial disputes, in particular in the areas of property, corporate disputes, financial, pensions, transport (maritime and aviation) and insurance. She represents clients not only in Court work but also has extensive experience of arbitration, mediation and tribunals/inquiries. Her clients include blue chip corporates and financial institutions.
Areas of Expertise
- Friends First Life Assurance Company DAC in defending Commercial Court proceedings concerning the proposed €25m redevelopment of Enterprise House, Blackrock, Dublin.
- Parma Investments Ltd in defending Commercial Court proceedings concerning a challenge to significant capital expenditure approved by the board of Galway Clinic Doughiska Ltd
- Ace/Chubb in High Court proceedings with the Health Insurance Authority concerning an Enforcement Notice relating to a policy Ace/Chubb provides to foreign students studying in Ireland.
- Belvelly Marino Development Company DAC in relation to a dispute concerning a collision at Cobh involving the MV Caroni Plain while the vessel was under pilotage.
- Irish Stock Exchange in relation to commercial court proceedings concerning its Dame Street headquarters.
- eir in relation to a significant dilapidations claims concerning a landmark property and in relation to disputes concerning telecom masts on various sites.
- Receiver of Keenbury Property Ltd in Commercial Court proceedings in relation to sale of €33m property development.
- NAMA and EY as Receivers of Spencer Dock Development Company in Commercial Court proceedings relating to a landmark building in Dublin's Docklands.
- Large institutional property valuer in the defence of significant professional negligence proceedings in relation to property valuations of development lands.
- Various companies in the Marlet Property Group in defending commercial court proceedings in relation to a claim for breach of a settlement deed.
"Superb and extremely experienced." (Chambers Global 2018)
"A leading mediation practitioner." (Who's Who Legal 2016 and 2017)
"Very strong in negotiations and her communication skills are excellent." (Chambers Global 2017)
"A calm, practical and sensible lawyer who provides comprehensive detail on the overall picture and clear written communications." (Chambers Global 2016)
Eileen is a CEDR accredited mediator and a former director of the charity Junior Achievement/Young Enterprise Ireland Ltd. Eileen is one of only eleven Irish mediation lawyers listed in the Who's Who Legal directory 2017. Eileen is a committee member of the Irish Commercial Litigation Association and chaired the Sub-Committee of that Association which produced the Good Practice Discovery Guide for Commercial Litigation in Ireland. Eileen lectures on the Law Society Diploma course in Commercial Litigation and she writes and speaks regularly on related topics.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin
- CEDR Accredited Mediator