Eileen Roberts is the Chair of A&L Goodbody and is a Partner in A&L Goodbody's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. Eileen is an experienced commercial litigator specialising in large scale commercial disputes, in particular in the areas of property, corporate disputes, financial, pensions, transport (maritime and aviation) and insurance. She represents clients not only in Court work but also has extensive experience of arbitration, mediation and tribunals/inquiries. Her clients include blue chip corporates and financial institutions.
Areas of Expertise
Litigation & Dispute Resolution/Insurance & Reinsurance/Arbitration - International & Domestic/Financial Services Litigation/Mediation, Expert Determination and Arbitration /Property Litigation/Corporate Crisis/Tax Disputes & Enquiries
- Friends First Life Assurance Company DAC in defending Commercial Court proceedings concerning the proposed €25m redevelopment of Enterprise House, Blackrock, Dublin.
- Parma Investments Ltd in defending Commercial Court proceedings concerning a challenge to significant capital expenditure approved by the board of Galway Clinic Doughiska Ltd
- Ace/Chubb in High Court proceedings with the Health Insurance Authority concerning an Enforcement Notice relating to a policy Ace/Chubb provides to foreign students studying in Ireland.
- Belvelly Marino Development Company DAC in relation to a dispute concerning a collision at Cobh involving the MV Caroni Plain while the vessel was under pilotage.
- Irish Stock Exchange in relation to commercial court proceedings concerning its Dame Street headquarters.
- eir in relation to a significant dilapidations claims concerning a landmark property and in relation to disputes concerning telecom masts on various sites.
- Receiver of Keenbury Property Ltd in Commercial Court proceedings in relation to sale of €33m property development.
- NAMA and EY as Receivers of Spencer Dock Development Company in Commercial Court proceedings relating to a landmark building in Dublin's Docklands.
- Large institutional property valuer in the defence of significant professional negligence proceedings in relation to property valuations of development lands.
- Various companies in the Marlet Property Group in defending commercial court proceedings in relation to a claim for breach of a settlement deed.
"Very highly rated as a mediator" (Chambers Global 2021)
"Exceptional ability to explain complex legal issues in a simple way…her measured demeanor in high-stakes negotiations is a critical attribute." (Chambers Global 2020)
"A thought leader in Litigation" (Who's Who Legal 2020)
"Focused on providing practical, pragmatic and workable advice. Highly proactive, commercial and responsive." (Chambers Global 2019)
Eileen is a CEDR accredited mediator and a former director of the charity Junior Achievement/Young Enterprise Ireland Ltd. Eileen is listed as a leading mediation lawyer in the Who's Who Legal directory 2017. Eileen is a council member of the Irish Commercial Mediation Association. She is also a committee member of the Irish Commercial Litigation Association and chaired the Sub-Committee of that Association which produced the Good Practice Discovery Guide for Commercial Litigation in Ireland. Eileen lectures on the Law Society Diploma course in Commercial Litigation and she writes and speaks regularly on related topics.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- LLB, Trinity College Dublin
- CEDR Accredited Mediator