Mark Blair is a Partner in the Commercial Property Department. He specialises in property development, investment and management in the commercial and residential sectors. Mark advises a wide range of clients including various owners and occupiers, commercial developers and investors, pension funds, retailers, banks and Government bodies. Mark has acted on some of the largest investment transactions in Northern Ireland, including in the utilities and renewable energy sectors, and has particular experience in loan portfolio and alternative investment market acquisitions.
Areas of Expertise
- NewRiver Retail in relation to the acquisition and the ongoing management of the Abbey Centre in Newtownabbey.
- Lotus Group and Tristan Capital on the acquisition and the ongoing management of Junction One in Antrim and The Outlet in Banbridge.
- LXi Reit regarding the purchase of the Emerald care homes portfolio across Armagh and Newtonabbey.
- Porter & Co Homes concerning various residential development sites throughout Northern Ireland, including strategic land options and joint venture agreements.
- La Salle Investment Management on the purchase for NILGOSC of Phase I and Phase II Braidwater Retail Park, Ballymena, a Sainsbury’s store in Derry and on a Tesco store in Lisburn.
- Dalata Hotel Group in respect of the acquisition of the Tower Hotel in Derry and Holiday Inn in Belfast, and the development of the 14 storey Maldron Hotel in Belfast.
- Irish Football Association concerning the project to redevelop Windsor Park, Belfast as the national football stadium.
- McAleer & Rushe on the purchase of the historic former Belfast Telegraph building.
- H&M Hennes & Mauirtz in relation to all of its Northern Irish store acquisitions.
- Gaelectric Developments regarding its wind farm portfolio in Northern Ireland and its innovative CAES energy storage project near Larne.
"Pragmatic in how he deals with issues." (Chambers UK 2017)
"Clients appreciate Mark's extremely quick turnaround and the phenomenal amount of effort he puts into his work." (Chambers UK 2016)
"Clients benefit from his strategic advice." (Chambers UK 2015)
"Approachable, sensible and commercial when dealing with transactions." (Chambers UK 2015)
Mark is a member of the Communications Committee of the Law Society of Northern Ireland. He was also a member of the Belfast City Council delegation to MIPIM in 2016 and 2017. Mark was a member of the Organising Committee of the Insider Media Northern Ireland Property Investment Conference 2015 and 2016.
- Law Society of Northern Ireland
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Legal Practice Certificate, College of Law
- LLB Hons, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne