Stephen O'Riordan is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Commercial Property Department. His practice focuses primarily on investment (both institutional and private equity) and on development (acting for developers and investors), with a particular emphasis on transactions requiring solutions to issues arising on structuring and financing. He also advises A&L Goodbody's extensive range of leisure and retail sector clients on 'end user' development and leasing transactions.
Areas of Expertise
- HSBC and Grosvenor on all aspects of the sale of Liffey Valley Shopping Centre, Dublin to BVK.
- Union Investment on the forward fund of Vertium, Burlington Road, Dublin.
- Dalata on their €450m acquisition of the Moran Bewley group of hotels.
- Hines and CNP Assurance S.A. on the purchase of the LXV Building, Dublin.
- GLL Real Estate Partners on the purchase and subsequent sale of 100-101 Grafton Street, Dublin.
- Motel One on the forward funding of a hotel on Abbey Street, Dublin.
- Avenue Capital on the purchase of the Harvest Portfolio comprising four regional shopping centres.
- Allianz Real Estate Germany GmbH on its bid for the Jewel Portfolio.
- Kennedy Wilson on the development and letting of Baggot Plaza to Bank of Ireland.
- Irish Life Assurance plc on the purchase of City Gate, Cork.
"He is able to distil an issue down to a couple of very simple ideas that help us to understand the legal problem and construct a solution." (Chambers Europe 2021)
"A leading lawyer." (Legal 500 2020)
"Cool, calm, collected, very commercial and solution-oriented." (Chambers Europe 2020)
"Very commercial and good at dealing with complex matters, explaining and articulating our view well...good at negotiating." (Chambers Europe 2019)
Stephen is a member of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Committee. He is a regular contributor to specialist Irish and international property journals and publications.
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL, University College Dublin