Louise is a partner in A&L Goodbody's Litigation and Dispute Resolution Department. Her practice is focused on white collar and corporate crime matters. She has in-depth experience conducting and advising on complex, multi-jurisdictional investigations involving a wide range of Irish and foreign regulatory and enforcement authorities. She also advises on the design and implementation of anti-bribery and corruption policies, managing whistleblowing complaints and money laundering issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Louise was a principal investigative lawyer at the UK's Serious Fraud Office. She also previously worked in-house at several international financial institutions in London.
Areas of Expertise
White Collar Crime/Regulatory Risk & Investigations/Litigation & Dispute Resolution/Corporate Crisis
- On sensitive, confidential matters and regularly represents clients involved in investigations conducted by Irish and overseas regulators and law enforcement agencies, including An Garda Síochána, the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement, the Central Bank of Ireland, the US Department of Justice and the UK Serious Fraud Office.
- On a number of Irish clients on internal investigations into suspected fraud and corruption matters.
Rising Star, White-Collar Crime (Legal 500 2020)
Rising Star, White Collar Crime (LMG Expert Guides 2020)
Louise speaks regularly at conferences on corruption and other corporate crime issues and is a member of the ABA's International White Collar Crime Committee, the European Fraud and Compliance Lawyers' Association and the Dublin chapter of the Womens' White Collar Defence Association.
- Solicitor, Law Society of England & Wales
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland
- BCL (with French Law), University College Dublin and Université d'Aix-Marseille